Documenting of the French Basset as a purebred breed began in 1870, and from a common ancestral type, two strains were developed. One had straight front legs (Chien d’Artois) and the other had crooked front legs (Normand). The breed club was formed in 1910 and the breed was given its present name in 1924. Bassets are walking hounds, which are followed by the hunter on foot. The short legs mean that they would not get too far away from the hunter. The Basset artésien Normand was used to hunt rabbits and other small game alone or in packs, but today they are primarily bred to be pets.
A Few Facts
- Pembroke have the habit of barking, such vocal pets.
- The Pembroke breed is considered pretty clever, but if you start to persist, you should resort to special training, and it’s better to do it earlier.
- Be sure to monitor the consumption of pembroke food, they like to eat, this can lead to overeating.
- Daily exercise with special Corgi exercises for health, because such dogs are especially energetic, although small.
Hound Crate Program
This option is great for clients that want to make sure the free puppy they get from our kennel starts life out in the right direction.The initial program fee is $750. Click Here to view a complete package list.
- Competitive pricing compared to other kennels
- No Application Fee
- General time-frame to pick out free puppy 6-14 months
- Multiple packages with unique items/services included
- Free sterilization
- Free Delivery
- Up to 10 year full health/genetic warranty which includes accidental death, theft and vet cost reimbursements-Free
Special Homes Program
This option is great for clients that just want the free puppy and nothing else. This option only requires you apply and get approved to get on the client list.
- Least expensive option with only 3 fees
- Application Fee-$250
- General time frame to pick out a free puppy 12-24 months
- No additional cost
- Sterilization $100
- Delivery $490
- 1 year limited warranty that covers the replacement of the puppy. Option to purchase full warranty at $75 per year.